Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Eh Team

I have a little over a month until I will be spending a long weekend in the Pacific Northwest. I am taking a mini-vacation to the wonderful (and very cold, apparently) PNW to celebrate my 30th birthday. Or as I like to call it, Flirty Thirty. (my other friends call it the Dirty Thirty...says a lot about our personalities, doesn't it?)

I will be visiting my sister in Bellingham, WA, which is a beautiful city, with a weekend trip to Vancouver British Columbia Canada!

The first time I went to VBC was for a night, yes a night, back in 2005. Pretty much as soon as I set foot in that city I feel in love with it. It's clean, cultural, friendly, beautiful, urban...
I've been since, and my love for the city grows with each visit. You know how you just feel home in some places, a place where you feel you can actually live, that's exactly how I feel. I love other cities, San Diego, San Francisco, Bellingham, Portland, Virginia Beach, and others, but the only city I could ever imagine moving to is VBC.
Good thing for me they have a good film community.

For my Flirty Thirty I have a few friends coming with me as well as my sister and brother-in-law. I would love all of my bffs, the IC, to come, but I know it's a lot to ask. I mean, it is in a foreign country and at an odd vacation time. I hope they know that I'll be thinking of them when I'm hanging with some hot Canadians. =)

Which, bummed! The Vancouver Canucks don't have a game the weekend I'm there. MAN! Can you imagine watching a professional hockey game in Canada! Am I the only one who seems to think this is just the most amazing idea ever?

Anyways, back on topic.
I'm very grateful for the friends who are able to come, it's going to be a good time. I'm looking forward to really exploring the city, living the life of a young professional Vancouverian. (right, that's what they would be called?) The times that I've been there, I haven't ever really partied it up, so I'm getting ready for Flirty Thirty!

I've been able to keep from over planning, which is a big thing for me. Well, at least I'm waiting until January to really start planning. I definitely have some things that I would like to do (concert, free stuff, park, clubbing, Chinatown, shop!), but pretty much want to play it by ear. That's what we did when we went to Portland, and I think that trip turned out awesomely! And my sister was there too...YAY!

With it being so close, I keep thinking of all things Canada. Like with the hockey thing. Or wondering if one of my favorite comedians will be playing. Or an awesome band will be rolling through town. Or ever time I see ads for "The A-Team" I have the inner monologue saying, "The Eh Team."

No comments:

Post a Comment