Thursday, December 23, 2010

My Brother's 40!

Well, not technically since I think he was born in the afternoon, but you get the picture.

My big brother is a Christmas Eve baby. He was brought to my mom in a stocking. How cute. No, no pictures were taken. If you knew then...
40 may not be a big deal to most, but to me it is. I sort of missed his 30th. Okay, not missed it, cause I know my brother's bday, but I didn't think of it as '30.' For my sister's 30th I got her a signed picture of Benico del Toro. One of the perks of working in the film industry; and for mine I'm going to VBC. But when my brother turned 30, I don't think I made a big deal about it, or even thought it was a big deal. It was when I was in college...maybe I was just too full of myself to think that way.

Either way, I went all out (what I could) this year. I made him a special present, got him an inside joke item, and had fun with his Peter Pan thing he's got going on. The only thing that really sucks, that I'm not there to celebrate with him.

In the last year, I'd say, we've been getting a lot closer. We've always been close, in our own special way, but now we're actually talking and having conversations. I feel closer to my big brother than I have felt in a really long time. Dammit, I wish we were celebrating together.
Oh well, there's always next year, right?

I keep thinking that maybe I'm making a big deal out of 40 because that really means my 30 is just around the corner. If you haven't figured it out yet, but we're 10 years apart. Crazy, right?
Maybe I'm seeing him as turning this milestone birthday because I'm turning one in a little over a month? It sounds good at least.

Even though we are half a country apart from each other, and celebrating the 24th in our own ways in our own cities, I know that my brother is having a great day with his family, and I know that he knows that I love him. I am very proud of my brother, proud to be his sister. He is, after all, a BAMF. Soon, it'll be visible for the world to see.

Love you Big Brother!! Happy 40th Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment