Friday, January 14, 2011

13th Sign

When I first heard about this I was in denial. Nope, not me. I'm not going to except this new logic. Especially when the new sign changed the dates dramatically. Or at least it changed the people in my inner circle, including myself.

In the good old days where there were only 12 signs I was considered an Aquarius. Here's the basic ideals of an Aquarius.


Aquarius is the sign of visionaries, unconventionality and intellectual independence. Aquarius are the people who deviate from the crowd and go their own way. They are always after intellectual stimulation, constantly discovering something new, forming new opinions and stubbornly traveling their way regardless of what other people think. Aquarius are filled with paradoxes, they are interested in the opposite ends of the spectrum, they like to be alone yet are social butterflies, they like to experience both sides and see both opinions as they formulate new ideas with their forward thinking, active mind.


According to the inclusion of the 13th sign, I now fall under the Capricorn sign.


Capricorns have a very active mind and strong powers of concentration. Capricorns like being in control of their surroundings and everyone in their life. Capricorns are very cautious but this only to survey the situation before leaping in, they will never make a hasty jump in. They accept change but introduce it slowly so they can get used to it and incorporate it into their life. Capricorns tend to see life in black or white, definitive's only. There are no gray areas for these are areas that are not understood and this makes Capricorn feel uncomfortable.


This is just a snippet of what each sign is, but I'm very much an Aquarian. I was devastated, in denial about being a Capricorn. Not that there is anything wrong with that, my brother and father are Capricorns (and fit perfectly by the way).

Then I did some research during my lunch time. I found out that there are several different forms, types I guess, of astrology. The Western horoscope goes by 12 signs, equally spaced at 30 degrees. The Vedic, or sidereal, form goes by many signs and is ever changing. Also, during my research I came across the fact that this new sign, Ophiuchus (the Serpent Holder) , the has been around for many many years, centuries in fact.

Well, I guess in reality, with the rotation of the planets and stars, space in general, is ever changing. I except that. I'm still an Aquarius.

No comments:

Post a Comment