Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Flirty Thirty!!

It's the night before I leave on my 30th birthday extravaganza! I'm so excited.
So. Freaking. Excited.

Actually, I'm starting my extravaganza tonight. My bffs, the IC, are taking me out to a local wine bar. We're in our late 20s/30s, it's the sophisticated thing to do...Right? Besides the point. We're all going to have some wine and some ridiculous fun before I go and spend time in the Pacific Northwest.

In an email to my sister, I said this: "All these celebrations are helping in the acceptance of turning 30. Or maybe it's because my life at 30 is pretty damn good. I have an amazing family unit, unbelievable friends, my career is starting to take off and there's room of advancement, I'm feeling good about myself and seeing results, confident in who I am. I think your 20's is when you worry about where you'll be at a certain time, finding yourself, dealing with crazy shit.... Your 30s is about loving life for what it is and enjoying where you're at. You realize that things happen when they happen for a reason, so why worry about the things you can't change.

Or maybe I'm just super excited about partying it up with you in Vancouver. Either Or.


It's weird when you think about your life, and where you're going. Maybe it's the Peter Pan syndrome thing, who knows. I had a really hard time turning 25. Like I cried for 2 weeks about it. I kept thinking back to when I was 18 and where I thought I'd be at 25.


First off, you know nothing at 18. Second, life hardly ever works out the way you want it to. Sure, it does happens, but in reality what are you giving up for it? I didn't want to give up certain things, and that's why things happened differently for me. Those aren't things that I regret. I don't think I have any regrets. I am who I am, and where I am, based on the decisions I've made for personal reasons. I'm exactly where I'm suppose to be. It took me 5 years to really except that and understand that, but I'm finally there.


Of course, this all could be just influence from my older sister and her friends. They did the same thing: trouble turning 25, loved turning 30. I guess at heart I'm still vying to be like them.


Anyways, back to my excitement. I'm going with one of my bffs, and I couldn't be happier. I'm so glad that she's coming with me/us. We've traveled before, sort of, on a weekend beach trip for another bday, but nothing as large as Vancouver. We've gotten really close lately, and I'm super excited to be experiencing this with her. On the other hand, I'm bummed that more of my peeps couldn't come. Don't get me wrong, I totally understand that it's not possible, and a long shot all along. But there's something about celebrating with your loved ones that means the world to me. I do have tonight, though. Lord knows we're going to rock it!


I don't know if I'll have any life changing experiences or mind altering realizations, things that you are 'suppose' to have when you hit a landmark. All I know is that I'm in a really good place personally, and that's all I can ask for.

And maybe meeting a certain Canadian actor who has Austin ties. That's be cool too.




On a side note: My cousin's wedding (those who were wondering) was beautiful. She looked absolutely amazing and the wedding itself was wonderful. I got some great pictures of the loving couple, a few "YES!" shots that I have to show her. It was also nice being with family again. I got to see and spend time with both sides of my family this time (which, I think I'm going to try to make a regular thing). No matter how long I've been away, or how much I think I'm different than my family, they are me. For me, being with my family connects me to them in a deep way. Learning history, their relationships as kids, seeing pictures; all of these things makes my ancestry real. It brings you down a notch and reminds you that family is the most important thing in life. Even if some of them are crazy.

Back on track, the wedding was an amazing time. Wouldn't have missed it for the world!

Congrats you two. Very happy for you and wishing you many years of love, laughter, and adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment