Monday, May 9, 2011

Absent

I really failed on the twice a day thing, didn't I? Well, if it makes you feel any better, I've been writing more.

I'm actually well into my second act, and pretty happy with it so far. It does help that I had a scene breakdown and used that as my outline. I'm about half way done, maybe less, and think if I can get a few solid hours of pure writing down I'll be done soon. A little over my May 1st deadline, but you know.

One of the best things at the moment is that I can divide into this script, these characters, and forget about my crazy life. It's nice to have an outlet. This is also why I'm such a media person. I like to escape sometimes, forget my problems and enjoy myself for a few hours. Don't get me wrong, I also love beautiful art, but it's nice to check your head at the door.

The other outlet I've acquired lately is kickboxing. I've been going to a shadow kickboxing class for several months, but am about to start my third week of classes with bags. Man, there is nothing like an emotional release/clearing of the mind than punching and kicking a 200 lb boxing bag. It's brilliant. I totally in love.

It does take a lot of energy and I'm worn out by the end of the hour, but I feel great. I feel energized, clear, stronger, more confident. I still need to work on some of my kicks, since I'm focusing more on form than power at the moment, but I feel I've got a killer hook. Now only if I could get a bag for my garage and be the typical movie cop. I'm the only one to find that funny, right?

I better get started on my script. The longer I wait, the more procrastination elements I find. That's one reason why I love Demetri Martin's "Circle of Procrastination." So true. I guess I could lock myself out of the internet service...but then there's always Solitaire on the computer. I did figure out my key to total focus. Music through headphones. Now, if only I can decide what album to listen to first...

No comments:

Post a Comment