Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Welcome back....

The summer has officially ended for me. I'm back at work.

I didn't do much this summer, or at least it feels like it, but I did. I guess I'm referring to the list of household "To Dos" that I never finished. You always have those things of Spring Cleaning or Summer Projects that get pushed aside. I did do a few things on those lists, but with our super crazy hot summer, I just got lazy.

I spent many a days lying on the couch watching Netflix Instant. Amazing. It was fun just watching random movies. I cleared a lot of my Q, but then repopulated the list with television shows. I don't know if I'll ever get it down to a manageable number.

I did do some really awesome things this summer, too. Those days were mainly spent filming segments for "Viva Latino!" We have been on the air since July, and still doing strong. We're starting to get some buzz around town, which can only mean good things in the future.

It's been a really good summer in that sense. Our crew, at this point, have a sibling like relationship. Filming days may be long, but it's fun. It's nice to have such an awesome crew, and it's really nice that we all get along. It sucks that we can't film as much as we'd like, but our crew is still stationed in Beaumont for the time being. I think we all long for the day we are all based here....with a studio. Some day.

I also spent some awesome days with my bffs. Many a days just lounging by the pool. I actually have a tan, I have color! Then, one day of playing volleyball changes all that to me having tans lines. Ugh. That's okay, though. While I may be working again, our weather still is in summer mode. I have a few more pool days in my future.

I also got to travel. I went to Virginia to visit family. That may not be most people's idea of a summer vacation, but it's mine. I love spending time with family, especially those that live in other places. Besides, the whole act of traveling, plane trips and packing a suitcase, make it a vacation. I had an awesome time with my family. While I didn't get to see all that are in Virginia this time around, the ones that I did see was time I cherish. And plus, I got to go to my favorite clothing store, I was happy. Hey now, I'm still a girl and I do like to shop.

I didn't read as many books as I would have liked, or wrote as much as I had planned. I definitely didn't keep this up as I had planned many months ago. But, I do hope that with this new school year I will be more proactive on what I want to accomplish and create.

That new motivation will come from a few new places. For writing, I want to create. I want to get back to my roots and jump back into my characters and create this new world for someone. It's about writing down or perfecting this image I have in my head. It also helps that with my networking that is coming from Viva, I want to make sure my blog is up to date and presentable. I am a writer, and promoting myself as a writer, I need to write.
Another new motivation is coming from a side business. I have been making jewelry for a while now, and am expanding my talents every day. I've gotten compliments on some of the pieces I've made, for me or others, and think I have enough interest to sell. I'll start off small and reasonable, and make them one of a kind pieces for a particular person. We'll see what happens.

It's interesting, still, that I view my years as having two new beginnings. I have the obvious new beginning in the new year, but I also see the start of school as a new beginning. Between going to school and college, and now working for the district, our years start at the end of the summer. I have two times a year that I can recharge my batteries. I have two times a year I can refocus on what's important in my life. It's nice to have this. Now, if only I'll stick with it and not be hypnotized by the television and what all is offered....

No comments:

Post a Comment