Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Today is the Day

Moontower Comedy and Oddity Festival starts today.  I'm so excited.  Comedy, yay! 

Our first show is going to be Maria Bamford.  I can't wait.  I remember watching one of her specials, years ago, and I have to admit, I didn't like it.  It's not necessarily that I couldn't get her comedy, I couldn't get over her voice (which I know probably wasn't her real one).  I've grown as a comedy nerd, and I'm pretty sure I can re-evaluate her stand-up routine.  That, and everyone freaking loves her.  If all the people I love, comics and fellow nerds, love her, there's got to be something to her.  I'm excited to revisit her stand-up and hopefully board the Maria Bamford train.

After that, I think we might try to get into Aziz.  I'm not sure, but that's what the original plan that I had mocked up would be.  Of course, we'll discuss it, Jessica-Clayton-myself, and figure out what we want to do, and what we can possibly get into.  (ah, the damn annoyance of festivals)  But, come on,  you know Aziz Ansari is going to be badass!  I've seen a bit of his stand-up and loved it. 

There will be a bit of pressure on me this week, which I don't mind, cause I'm definitely the biggest comedy nerd out of the three of us.  I will be leading the charge on what shows to catch, or who we have make sure we see.  It will be kind of fun to organize the raid for the next few days.  I just hope they like it as much as I know I'm going to.

Let's be honest, though, have you seen the list of comics?  It's an awesome list, any show is going to be badass!

So excited!  I love when work and my nerd traits collide. 

No comments:

Post a Comment