Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A New Chapter

These last two years have been a roller coast ride in life.  So many things have happened, some for the good and a lot for the bad.  I'm still working through the bad elements, and not sure if I'll ever fully recover, but that's okay.  Maybe one day I'll express it on here, it's something that people go through all the time, but it's still being worked out in my head and can't release it.

On the much bright side, things have been great in the career area.
I am now writing for a wonderful online magazine Austin Fusion Magazine.  It's been a great experience and I can't wait for things to continue to grow.

The other "crew" members are awesome and we have a great time together.  It's fun to be around people, it's fun to do things.  It's always a good thing when your co-workers are cool and you enjoy hanging out with them.

It's also been a great writing exercise for me.  I'm used to writing stories, creating this new world with situations and characters.  Now I'm writing interviews and descriptive pieces.  It's not that I'm horrible at it (my April interviews were awesome, if I do say so myself), it's just taken a few articles to feel totally comfortable in my new writing role. 

Viva Latino has also taken on a new life.  We have hooked up with iLatino.tv, and will be airing the new season, as well as starting a Fitness Channel.  It should be up and running by this summer, and I can't wait!  The girls at iLatino are amazing, and it's going to be a great venture for all involved.

It's an interesting time in my life, that's for sure.
Looking forward to all that's involved.

Speaking of which, check back this week for recaps of the upcoming Moontower Comedy and Oddity Festival.  Austin Fusion Magazine will be covering it (don't forget to read the article in the May issue of the magazine), and I'm so excited!  Comedians!  Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment